Acknowledgement & Consent
Jacaranda Finance is a trading name of Jacaranda Finance Pty Ltd, A.B.N 53 162 078 195, Australian Credit Licence 456404.
I understand that by completing an application form that Jacaranda Finance Pty Ltd (the entity) will collect, use, hold and
Collection of information
I consent to the entity collecting personal and credit information from me. I understand that if I do
not provide all information that is requested from me the entity may be unable to provide me with
their financial services. I also understand that if any of my personal information should change, such
as residential address, phone number, email address, etc, it is my responsibility to advise the entity
of this. I understand it may not always be practical or reasonable to collect information from me and
as such, I provide my consent for the entity to collect personal information about me on an ongoing
- publicly available sources such as public registers;
- referees or point of contacts;
- employers or income providers;
- other financial service providers and financial institutions;
If any of these parties should request this Acknowledgement and Consent before providing
information, I consent for this to be provided to them.
Use of information
I consent to the entity collecting my information for the purposes of providing me with financial
services and any related purpose including but not limited to:
- lending activities including accepting and assessing loan applications and disbursement of
- credit management functions relating to the management of accounts and collection of
- customer service requests such as providing access to and updating personal information
and resolving disputes;
- gathering information and statistical data to analyse and evaluate business functions;
- developing our service offerings and improving overall business processes and efficiency.
Disclosure of information
I consent to the entity disclosing my personal information to provide me with their financial services
and any other related purpose as outlined above, on an ongoing basis to:
- my personal point of contacts, my employers and income providers;
- other financial institutions and debt collection agencies;
- credit providers, credit brokers, other referrers and other service providers.
- financiers, insurers, auditors, contractors, agents or service providers the entity uses to offer
- any other entity.
I understand my information may also be disclosed in other circumstances outlined in the entity’s
I understand the entity may, in the ordinary course of our business, disclose my credit information to
third parties which operate in the United States of America and while these parties may not,
therefore, be subject to Australian Privacy Law, no person in those countries will be able to access
my credit eligibility information without my express consent.
Promotion of Products and Services
I consent to being contacted by the entity, and any external third parties or agents who act on their
behalf, for the purposes of the promotion of products and services. I understand the entity
may promote the products of their marketing partners. I understand that I may withdraw my
consent and request not to receive promotional communications at any time by contacting the
Exchange of Information with Credit Reporting Bodies
I give my expressed and informed consent to the entity exchanging my personal and credit
information with credit reporting bodies.
I understand that by giving this consent, the entity may collect information about me from credit
understand that by giving this consent, the entity may disclose information about me to credit
I consent to the entity disclosing my information, such as name, date of birth, address, phone
number and identity document information, such as Drivers Licence and Medicare Card, to a credit
reporting body to complete an electronic identity verification. I understand that the credit reporting
body will attempt to match the information I have provided with the information they have access
to and provide an assessment. I understand as part of the identity verification process;
- the information will be subject to an Information Match Request in relation to relevant
Official Record Holder information;
- that the Information Match Request, the Information Match Result and other Information
Match Data and our access to and use of the;
- document Verification Service may involve the use of third-party systems and services; and
- that information provided to or by you in or from Australia will be transmitted to New
Zealand or vice versa.
I understand that if no match is found between the details I provide, and the information held by the
credit reporting body, the entity will notify me of this. I also understand that if no match is found, I
will have the opportunity to provide further documentation to verify my identity. I understand that if
the entity is unable to verify my identity, the entity will be unable to provide me with financial
I understand that the details of the credit reporting body(s) that lender Exchanges information with
are as follows;
Equifax Pty Ltd (Equifax)
T: 13 8332
Experian Australia Credit Services Pty Ltd (Experian)
Illion (formerly Dunn & Bradstreet)
T: 1300 734 806
Exchange of Information with Other Providers
I understand that by providing my consent to exchange my information with credit providers, credit
brokers, other referrers and other service providers, this information may be sold to them or
disclosed for a fee. The amount of the fee would be determined on referral. I understand where my
information is exchanged, it is being exchanged for any of the purposes for which I have consented
to the entity, including offering me products and/or services.
I understand that by providing my consent to exchange my information with credit providers, credit
brokers, other referrers and other service providers, I am consenting to the entity exchanging all of
my application information, such as my identification details, what type of loans I have, how much I
have borrowed, whether I have met my loan payment obligations and if I have committed a serious
credit infringement (for example, fraud).
I consent to receive all communications, information and documents, where possible, from the
entity through electronic communications, including but not limited to:
- requests for information regarding credit applications and contract variation requests;
- disclosure documents such as credit guides and information statements, copy of
assessments, credit contract documents, variations of these and credit contract offers;
- notices, such as missed payment notices, default notices, final notices, settlement notices
and account statements;
- marketing materials and promotions;
- any other communications, information, or documents that must or will be provided to you
or which you have requested.
I understand that by giving consent to receiving electronic communications;
- communications may be sent via any electronic means, such as SMS and email;
- electronic media must be regularly checked for communications, information and
- it is my responsibility to ensure the security of my electronic communications;
- paper-based documents may no longer be given;
- consent to the giving of documents by electronic communication may be withdrawn at any
Commercial Electronic Messages
I understand that under the Spam Act 2003, the entity may not communicate with me via
commercial electronic messages unless I provide my consent. I consent to the entity communicating
with me via commercial electronic messages (email, SMS, fax) to provide me with convenient and
Electronic Bank Statement Retrieval
By making an application, I consent to the lender using on my behalf an electronic statement
retrieval solution to collect my bank statements and transaction information. (If you do not
agree you will not be able to proceed to use this online service.)
I understand that one or all the following statements retrieval providers may be used;
I understand that by using an electronic statement retrieval solution, such as those above:
- I have read and agree to their User Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policies.
- I understand I am using these services at my own risk.
- I consent to them having read-only access to my bank account transaction data and for this
data to be provided to the entity and any party I have consented to.
- I understand that the transaction data supplied may include transactions from the previous
12 months from all available accounts.
- I understand my user login credentials are encrypted and safely stored by a third-party
service provider on their servers in a secure environment outside Australia and that no
unauthorised party will have access to this information.
- I authorise the entity to use my encrypted login credentials in any future credit services and
for the entity to request a read-only transaction history.
I declare that I have read and understood this Acknowledgement and Consent document and that I
acknowledge, authorise and consent to all the terms that it sets out.
Small Personal Loan
Up to 20% Establishment Fee
+ monthly fee up to 4%
Jacaranda Finance does not charge an annual interest rate on SACC loans. These small amount loans incur 'fees' instead of interest. The maximum comparison rate on our loans between $300 and $2000 is 199.43%.WARNING: This comparison rate is true only for the examples given and may not include all fees and charges. Different terms, fees or other loan amounts might result in a different comparison rate
Loan Amount of $1,000 over 6 months repayable weekly (25 weekly repayments). $1,000 (Principal Amount) + $200 (20% Establishment Fee) + $240 (fees based on 4% per month over 25 weeks) = $1,440 total repayable in 25 weekly installments of $57.60.
Loan Amount of $1,000 over 12 months repayable weekly (50 weekly repayments). $1,000 (Principal Amount) + $200 (20% Establishment Fee) + $480 (fees based on 4% per month over 50 weeks) = $1,680 total repayable in 50 weekly installments of $33.60.
Medium Personal Loan
Annual Percentage Rate (APR) starts at 20.56%
Comparison Rate is 20.56% per annum.
This comparison rate is based on a medium amount credit contract of $2,500 repaid over 2 years with a $400 establishment fee and APR of 20.56%.WARNING: This comparison rate is true only for the examples given and may not include all fees and charges. Different terms, fees or other loan amounts might result in a different comparison rate
Loan Amount of $3,000 over 18 months repayable weekly (78 weekly repayments). $3,000 (Principle Amount) + $400 (Establishment Fee) + $555.83 (reducing interest*) = $3955.83 total repayable over 18 months with weekly installments of $50.71.
Loan Amount of $4,500 over 24 months repayable weekly (104 weekly repayments). $4,500 (Principle Amount) + $400 (Establishment Fee) + $1081.85 (reducing interest*) = $5981.85 total repayable over 24 months with weekly installments of $57.51
Large Personal Loan
Annual Percentage Rate (APR) is 12%
Comparison rate is 19.88% per annum.
Loan Amount of $5,000 over 18 months repayable weekly (78 weekly repayments). $5,000 (Principle Amount) + $1831.16 (Interest) = $6831.16 total repayable over 18 months with weekly installments of $87.57.
Loan Amount of $10,000 over 24 months repayable weekly (104 weekly repayments). $10,000 (Principle Amount) + $5041.72 (Interest) = $15041.72 total repayable over 24 months with weekly installments of $144.63.