How to get rid of a double chin
Oh man – Summer selfies can only mean one thing. We’re all googling how to get rid of a double chin.
We’re coming up to that time of year again where the shorts, thongs and summer dresses come out of the closest. It’s a time when your calendar is bursting with social events, promising plenty of fun and even more photo opportunities! One such event is the Melbourne Cup horse races – an incredible social gathering that involves the entire nation. Beautiful dresses, handsomely tailored suits, groomed complexions and extraordinary head wear.
It’s an exciting time. However, big events like this also tend to invoke an element of fear and dread in regular ‘party goers’ Their outfit may be perfect, hair perfect, everything perfect!There’s just one thing that’s not quite right. Lacking confidence in your appearance – and your selfie taking ability – takes away some of the fun of the season. That’s why we’ve put together a list of tips to help you get rid of that unwanted guest… the double chin.
10 Tips for getting rid of a double chin
1. Facial yoga exercises – doing a few facial yoga exercises is an incredibly effective strategy for getting rid of a double chin. Done consistently over some time, you will strengthen and tone your facial muscles, diminishing the size of your chin and helping you work towards a nice defined jaw line. Here are some of the most useful exercises:
• Tongue press – This is done by standing straight, then look up towards the ceiling and pressing your tongue to the roof of your mouth. Then slowly lower you chin to your chest, and then return to the original position. Repeat 3 -5 times.
• Tongue to nose – Stick your tongue out as far as you can, as you try to touch your nose with it. Repeat this movement 5 times.
• Jaw tilt forward – turn head to one side, and pull your lower jaw forward. This movement will stretch and strain the muscles in your neck. Repeat this exercise 5 times on each side.
• Jaw scoop – this movement is done by opening your mouth and putting your bottom lip over your bottom row of teeth. Then move your head in a scooping motion and close your mouth as you lift your head.
• Pout to the ceiling – to do this exercise you must lift your face up and look towards the ceiling while putting your lips together to form a pout. Hold this position for 5 – 8 seconds and repeat 5 times.
2. Chin exercises with tennis ball – getting rid of a double chin using this exercise is with a tennis ball that you hold tight between your neck and jaw. After firmly pressing the ball with your chin, you release the ball and then repeat the exercise 10 times.
3. Chin face bandage – this tip doesn’t involve exercise. It’s a nifty invention that looks somewhat like an injury rehabilitation device. It’s a strap that you place under a jaw that is fastened at the top of your head that you wear while you sleep, to help with getting rid of double chin after using it for a few weeks. You can buy one online, for under $10.
4. Chew sugar free gum – if you don’t have a habit of chewing gum, this tip might be a good excuse to start. Chewing gum uses muscles in your jaw, which therefore tones the muscles around your double chin, resulting in a reduction in its size and appearance.
5. Massage with wheat germ oil – a good massage never hurts, so why not give yourself one, on your chin. Using wheat germ oil while you massage your chin in an upwards direction for 10 minutes before you go to sleep will do wonders for your jaw line. Massage increases your blood and lymphatic circulation, which helps to get rid of fluid, waste and toxins. Combined with the anti-aging effects of the vitamin E from wheat germ oil, it is the perfect combination of techniques to say goodbye to Mr. Chin.
6. Drink green tea – is a good dietary option to help you with getting rid of a double chin as it contains antioxidants that combat the effects of aging, which help to increase the skin’s elasticity. As well as drinking the tea, you can also use green tea bags to massage your face.
7. Egg white mask – create a face mask using egg whites, as they have a skin tightening effect. To make the mask mix together 2 egg whites, 1 tablespoon of milk, 1 tablespoon of honey and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice. To give it a nice scent you can add a few drops of peppermint oil. Apply the mask to the neck area and leave for 30 minutes. Not only is it relaxing but this therapeutic technique will help you with getting rid of a double chin.
8. Neck slimmer or Neck Genie – another useful creation, designed to reduce the size of the double chin by helping to lift and firm the neckline. The small hand-held device produces a vibration that when placed under the chin is meant to tone and tighten the sagging muscles. It is inexpensive and can be purchased online.
9. Lose weight – finally one way of getting rid of your double chin is by losing weight in general. Adopting a diet full or fresh fruit and vegetables, with little processed food, in conjunction with a strong exercise routine, you will surely lose weight including weight in your face and on your chin.
Nevertheless, you may be short of time, and have an event coming up, like the Melbourne Cup races – so you don’t have time to reap the benefits of all the above tips for getting rid of a double chin. That’s okay, here is some advice in the meantime. These are tips to help you give the illusion you don’t have a double chin in photos and in selfies.
Getting rid of double chin in photos and selfies
Those are some of our tips. What are yours?
Like what you're reading?
Read more like it