Home > Funeral Loans
Personal Loans up to $10,000
Money in your bank account and ready to use in 60 seconds once approved*(1)
What is a funeral loan?
A funeral loan is a type of personal loan used to help cover the funeral costs of a loved one that has passed away. We offer funeral loans Australia from $300 to $10,000 with varying repayment terms, from 12 to 24 months, depending on how much you wish to borrow. Funerals are often thousands of dollars. Rather than covering your costs out-of-pocket, opt for a funeral loan and repay your loan in smaller, manageable instalments over time with interest.
Funeral Financing Australia
Dealing with the death of a loved one is challenging in itself, let alone having to organise the funeral. Funeral financing allows you to take away the added stress of funeral expenses so that you can focus on the important things.
There are many options to cover the costs of a funeral, including saving, prepaid plans, and funeral loans.
Some people may choose to save for their funerals by setting up an online savings account or term deposit to cover the cost of their own funeral. In this way, the money is available when the time comes for the family to organise their requests without the burden of costs.
Alternatively, some people opt for a prepaid funeral plan. These plans enable you to choose and pay for your own funeral in advance. This is particularly helpful if you have certain cultural or religious considerations to be factored, or if you have other strong reasons for wanting specific funeral arrangements.
If a loved one has passed away, and sourcing the money to cover their requests is going to be extremely difficult, you can apply for a funeral loan. Funeral loans can be used to cover any costs associated with a funeral.
Funeral costs in Australia
The average cost of a funeral in Australia is $7,449, according to a recent study by Finder. The expenses that were incurred ranged from $4,000 to $15,000 and are dependent on the following factors:
- Earth burial vs. cremation
- Venue size
- Funeral director fees
- Death certificate
- Cemetery plot
- Clergy, wake, flowers, newspaper notices, etc.
Funeral costs for cremation are usually higher than those of earth burials, and the bigger the venue, the higher the funeral costs. If there are special religious or cultural requirements to be observed, these can increase costs too.
What can I use my funeral loan for?
Your loan for funeral expenses can be used to cover any of the costs incurred by a funeral. Some of our clients have used their funeral loans to cover the following:
- Funeral director and staff costs
- Funeral home facilities
- Automotive equipment (hearse, flower van)
- Memorial package
- Wake expenses
Funeral loans – How it works
At Jacaranda Finance, we understand that planning a funeral is a very stressful and upsetting time. We are a 100% online lender that specialises in fast loans, we are Australia’s first lender to support 60-second payouts. Our online, paperwork free application is extremely straightforward and simple. You can complete the entire application in less than eight minutes to complete. We endeavour to deliver one-hour outcomes**, however, this is dependent on our thorough assessment and business hours.
You can apply for a funeral loan by following these simple steps:
Step 1: Apply online
Step 2: We assess your application
Step 3: If approved, review and sign your contract and send it back to us
Step 4: You receive your loan
To be eligible for a funeral loan with Jacaranda, we have a few standard requirements that our applicants must meet. Please ensure that you meet the following before you apply:
- You are at least 18 years old
- You have Australian citizenship or are an Australian permanent resident
- You have had a consistent income for the last 90 days
- You have an active email address and mobile number
- You have internet banking set up
In order to deliver the fastest loan outcome possible, please ensure that you have these documents ready when you apply:
- 100 points of identification
- Your basic personal information (name, D.O.B, address etc.)
- Online banking login details (so we can access read-only copies of your bank statements)
- The reason for your loan application
- Your myGov details (if you receive Centrelink benefits)
Funeral loans with bad credit
If you are organising a funeral and are in need of financial assistance, we can provide you with a bad credit personal loan. We are an online fintech lender, which means that we can be more lenient in our credit requirements. We will still conduct a thorough financial assessment, including a credit check and analysis of your bank statements, to ensure that you can reasonably afford to repay your loan. If you have the proven ability to repay your loan, even with poor credit, we may be able to provide you with a personal loan.
All of our loan applications are subject to a thorough assessment. We will never lend a person money that they cannot reasonably repay. We adhere to the responsible lending obligations set by ASIC to protect both borrowers and lenders from incurring unpayable debts.
4 ways to save on funeral costs
Funerals are extremely expensive. This does not mean you have to give up certain wishes because you simply cannot afford them. Here are 5 ways you can save on funeral costs
- Do your research: There are a lot of funeral organisers that may offer different services at varying prices. Get a good idea of which funeral home may be most affordable for you that can offer the requests you need to be fulfilled.
- Funeral Director: Finding the right funeral director at the most reasonable price can save on funeral costs. There are many funeral operators that run under one parent company (usually Invocare or Propel Funeral Partners) so be wary of getting quotes from funeral directors that work under the same branch.
- Embalming: The process of embalming in Australia costs more than $750 on average. You may wish to avoid this cost altogether or, alternatively, get multiple quotes.
- Extras: Make yourself aware of any extras that may be offered to you and whether you truly want them for your loved ones. Many funeral hopes offer extras like flowers, sealing, and funeral cars or limousines.
If you still have questions about our funeral loans, we have provided some of our most commonly asked questions and answers to hopefully answer your queries.
How much can I borrow for a funeral loan?
You can borrow anywhere from $300 to $10,000 to organise the perfect way to honour your loved one. We offer small loans to cover smaller expenses, as well as secured loans from $2,100 to $10,000 that fall into medium and large loans.
What are the fees and charges of your quick loans?
All of our loan options accompany different fees and charges. This means that the fees and charges you will incur will depend on how much you are borrowing. Additionally, we offer different tiers of interest rates depending on credit scores. It is likely that if you have bad credit, you will be offered a higher interest rate than someone with a perfect credit score. For more information about our terms and conditions, visit our costs page.
Can I make early repayments on my loan?
We do not charge early exit fees for repaying your loan early. If you are in the position to repay your loan early, you are welcome to do so. This could save you on monthly fees and interest fees.
*If you apply within our business hours.
**If you have an NPP-enabled bank account.