Home > Solar Loans
Personal Loans up to $10,000
Money in your bank account and ready to use in 60 seconds once approved*(1)
Jacaranda Finance offers solar loans from $300 to $10,000 with competitive rates.
Installing solar in your home can be expensive. We offer solar loans up to $10,000 to cover the initial costs of installing solar power. Instead of paying thousands of dollars upfront, you can pay off your solar panels, solar battery or solar hot water system over time in manageable instalments.
Affordable solar finance
If you have been searching for solar loans Australia, Jacaranda Finance may be the lender for you. We offer affordable solar loans from $300 to $10,000 to eligible applicants. Solar power is a great way to reduce your carbon footprint, not to mention lowering your energy bills each month.
There are an array of solar options available to you, including solar panels, solar batteries and solar hot water systems. Solar finance can be used to cover the initial costs of any of these products without affecting your cash flow, for you to repay in instalments over time. With a standard solar panel of 5kW costing approximately $6,000, solar finance may be an affordable option for you.
What are solar loans?
Solar loans are a form of personal loan used to finance the purchase of solar products. Solar is designed to cut down your energy costs and reduce your carbon footprint, but purchasing them can be costly. Jacaranda Finance offers loan options to suit you; you can choose to finance a portion of or the entirety of your solar purchase. We offer three types of solar loans: small loans, medium loans and large loans.
|Loan type||Loan amount||Repayment terms|
|Small loan||$300 to $2,000||6 to 12 months|
|Medium loan||$2,100 to $4,600||13 to 24 months|
|Large loan||$5,000 to $10,000||13 to 24 months|
Small loans are unsecured loans offered for smaller purchases. However, our medium and large loans are both secured loans. This means that there must be an asset attached to the loan as security for the lender; this could be in the form of a car, motorbike or caravan. Loans above $2,000 are secured loans because there is more risk for the lender.
For more information about our loan options, visit our costs page for a detailed breakdown.
Is there a difference between solar loans and green loans?
If you have been searching for solar loans, you may have discovered green loans for solar panels. A ‘green loan’ is essentially another term for a solar loan; it is a loan to help reduce your impacts on the environment and become more energy efficient. Solar loans and green loans can be used to purchase any solar product to make your home more environmentally and economically efficient.
Why should I install solar?
There is currently no better time to install solar. As energy prices continue to skyrocket, it is a great time to introduce alternate energy sources. Here are some benefits of solar products for you to consider:
- They are better for the environment, utilising sunlight which is a renewable energy source and will never run out.
- Grid-connected solar photovoltaic (PV) systems are low maintenance, usually only needing an occasional clean and health-check; they should last around 25 years.
- They make your property more appealing if you were to sell or rent out your home; solar PV systems may add market value.
- The Australian Government offers financial incentives through the Small-scale Renewable Energy Scheme.
How will solar panels help with my power bills?
Solar panels generate their own power from the sun, so you will not be using power from the electricity grid. If you install a battery with your solar PV system, you have the ability to store your solar power if you don’t use it during the day; this can lower your bills even further. On average, solar panels save households over $2,000 per annum when compared to homes without solar panels. While they are expensive up front, they provide an array of benefits both in terms of cost and environmental benefits.
How to apply
Applying for solar loans is simple and easy using our online application form. We are one of Australia’s fastest online lenders; we delivered the first 60-second payout nationwide. Our team endeavours to provide 60-minute loan outcomes (if you apply within our business hours); however, this is subject to an individual assessment. Apply for solar finance by following these simple steps:
Step 1: Apply online
Use our loan slider to select how much you wish to borrow. Decide your repayment terms and complete the rest of your application, including providing supporting documentation.
Step 2: We assess your application
Our team will begin processing your application once it is received. We endeavour to deliver same day loans to our clients that apply within our business hours; you could have your outcome within 60-minutes.*
Step 3: We let you know if your application was approved
We will contact you with the outcome of your application. If your application was approved, we will send you a copy of your e-contract.
Step 4: Review and sign your contract
We encourage all of our clients to thoroughly read their contract, as all of our terms and conditions will be clearly stated for you. When you have read your contract, sign it and return it to us.
Step 5: Receive your cash
We support instant transfers on approval. As soon as we receive your signed contract, we will transfer your funds straight to your account. You could have it ready to use within just 60-seconds.**
To apply for a loan with Jacaranda Finance, you must provide the following supporting documents with your application. Having these documents available when you apply will make your application and our processing times faster.
- 100 points of ID
- Your basic personal information (full name, D.O.B, address etc.)
- The reason for your loan
- Your myGov details (if you receive Centrelink payments)
- Your online banking details
In order to be approved for a solar loan, please ensure that you meet the following eligibility criteria. We cannot provide loans to applicants that do not meet our standard criteria.
- You are at least 18 years old
- You are an Australian citizen or Permanent Resident
- You have had a consistent income into your bank account for the last 90 days
- You have an active email address and mobile phone number
- You have internet banking set up.
Bad credit solar financing
Searching for ‘no credit check solar loans’? If you have bad credit, this will not stop you from accessing solar finance from Jacaranda Finance. Unlike traditional lenders, we can be more lenient in our credit requirements. We will access read-only copies of your bank statements; our team conducts a thorough assessment, including your income and expenses. If we determine that you can manage a loan currently, even with bad credit, we may be able to provide you with a bad credit loan.
All of our applications are subject to an individual financial assessment. We adhere to the responsible lending guidelines set by ASIC.
If you still have questions about our solar loans, we have provided you with some of our most frequently asked questions and answers.
How much can I borrow for a solar loan?
Our loan options range from $300 to $10,000. You can borrow any amount within this range, and our team will assess your affordability. Your repayment terms will vary depending on how much you borrow.
Can I apply for a solar loan while receiving Centrelink benefits?
We consider most forms of Centrelink income as regular income. We will assess your affordability based on your income, whether this is from full-time employment or Centrelink payments, to ensure that a loan is comfortable for you. As long as you have been receiving your benefits for at least 90 days, and you meet the rest of our eligibility criteria, we may be able to provide you with a solar loan.
What if I miss a repayment?
If you miss a repayment on your loan, there may be additional fees that apply to your current loan amount. If you know that you are going to miss a loan repayment, please contact our customer service team as soon as possible. If you contact us at least 24 hours beforehand, we may be able to provide an alternative solution that works for you.
What are the fees and charges?
All of our fees and charges will be clearly stated on your loan agreement. These may vary depending on how much you are borrowing and your current financial situation. Each loan tier that we offer accompanies different, competitive fees. This could include interest and monthly fees. Your credit score will also affect your fees and charges. It is likely that if you have bad credit, you will be offered a higher interest rate.
Why do you need my online bank details?
We will use this information to access read-only copies of your most recent bank statements. This is to conduct our financial assessment. We will analyse your income and expenses to ensure that a loan is manageable for you, even if you have bad credit.
5 ways you can make your home more eco-friendly
People are becoming more eco-friendly. Whether that is the abandonment of plastic straws or the increase in recycling and composting; there are always things you can do to reduce your carbon footprint. If you are considering a solar loan to help increase your home’s sustainability, you are not only going to save money; you also save energy and reduce your carbon footprint. There are also other small yet efficient ways to increase your home’s sustainability. Here are 5 affordable ways to make your home more environmentally friendly:
- Energy-efficient light bulbs: Not only are energy-efficient light bulbs equally effective as regular ones, but they also tend to save you money on your energy bills.
- Insolation: While we are lucky enough to live in a relatively warm climate in Australia, winters can still get cold enough for people to use their heaters. Improving your home’s insulation is a sustainable step to ensure a warm home during winter while saving energy and money.
- Water-based paint: If you are considering renovating your home, or you simply want to repaint a room, you should use water-based paint. This type of paint contains natural pigments that are just as effective as regular oil paint but much more eco-friendly.
- Go green when you clean: Using sustainable cleaning products is one of the most efficient ways to reduce your carbon footprint. Many detergents and cleaners tend to do more harm to the environment than good. Consider switching to an affordable and easy substitute, such as bicarbonate soda, vinegar and lemon juice. These work just as well in disinfecting surfaces and killing germs, while also turning your home eco-friendly.
- Compost: The only cost involved in composting is purchasing a compost bin, which should not exceed $30. Scrape any leftovers or vegetable scraps into your compost bin and you can use them in your garden.