Jacaranda Finance Pty Ltd, ABN:53 162 078 195, ACL: 456 404 (“we”/”us”/”our”) is committed to safeguarding your privacy. We understand the importance of handling your information in a responsible manner and we are dedicated to conducting business in an open and transparent way to reflect this.
For the purposes of this policy and as defined by the Privacy Act 1988, personal information is information or an opinion about an identified, or an easily identifiable, person. This includes information that may be true or not and includes information recorded or held in any form. Throughout this policy, the terms ‘personal information’ and ‘information’ may be used interchangeably.
Promotion of Products and Services
We may use your personal information that we collect to contact you about our products and services from time to time. We may also purchase information for the use of promotional activities where consent has been given for this. If you do not wish to be contacted for this purpose, you can opt out of these services at any time by contacting us at the contact details listed in the ‘Contact Us’ section of this document.
Access to Information
If you would like to access information we hold about you, you can contact us on the details listed in this documents ‘Contact Us’ section. Although you do have a right to access information we hold about you, there are some exceptions, and as such requests will be subject to some consideration. We will endeavour to respond to these requests as soon as practically possible after they are made and if we are for any reason unable to comply with your request, we will notify you of this.
Correction of Information
You can request that we correct information that we hold about you. If we are satisfied that the information is inaccurate, out-of-date or incomplete, we will correct it as soon as practically possible, and always within 30 days from the date the request is made. To make such a request, you can contact us on the details in the ‘Contact Us’ section of this document. We will not charge a fee for the correction of information.
Information We Collect and Hold
In the course of conducting our business functions and activities, we may collect and hold personal information about you such as:
- basic details such as full name, title, gender, date of birth, residential address, number of dependants and nationality.
- contact details such as postal address, contact phone numbers and email address.
- income details such as employer contact details, income amount and frequency, length of service and employee number.
- bank details such as account name, account BSB and account number.
- credit information and credit eligibility information.
We will not generally collect or hold sensitive information, unless you have consented to this and the information is reasonably necessary in order for us to provide one of our products or services. Sensitive information is personal information regarding:
- racial or ethnic origin.
- political opinions.
- membership of a political association.
- religious beliefs or affiliations.
- philosophical beliefs.
- membership of a professional or trade association.
- membership of a trade union.
- sexual orientation or practices.
- criminal record.
If you should choose not to provide the information we require, we may be unable to provide you with some or all of our services.
Purposes of Information
We collect, hold, use and disclose information that is reasonably required to offer and provide our financial services, and to complete the day to day activates involved with this, such as:
- lending activities including accepting and assessing loan applications, and disbursement of credit for approved applications that meet both our business and legislative requirements.
- credit management functions relating to management of accounts, varying of credit contracts and collection of overdue amounts including debt collection.
- customer service requests such as servicing queries, providing access to and updating personal information and resolving complaints and disputes.
- providing information, updates and promotional material relating to our products and services or allowing external product and service providers to do so.
- gathering information and statistical data to analyse and evaluate business functions.
- developing our service offerings and improving overall business processes and efficiency.
- complying with our legal requirements under various Acts such as the National Consumer Credit Protection Act 2009, the Privacy Act 1988 and the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing Act 2006.
Collection of Information
We will aim to collect information directly from you in the most practical way possible. This will primarily be through online forms, email, verbally over the phone and online chat facilities. Where it is not practical to collect information from you, we may, where you have consented, collect information from external third parties such as:
- publicly available sources such as public registers.
- employers or income providers.
- referees or next of kin contacts.
- other financial service providers and credit reporting bodies.
- any other persons or entities where we have your consent to do so.
We may also collect information purchased from external companies to offer you products, where your consent was given to those external companies to do so.
We may collect and hold details of our communications with you such as details of phone calls, emails you may have sent us, transcripts from our online chat services and written communications you send us by post.
Any personal information we collect will be held in a secure electronic form. We use both our own secure independent software and trusted external cloud based services and storage solutions to hold your information. To protect your information, we use a combination of security measures such as monitoring our external service providers, continuously improving our own internal software and developing and implementing internal processes. We may hold your information for as long as we need to continue to offer a particular service, or for a period specified by law. As we use several cloud-based services, some of your information may be stored overseas.
Disclosure of Information
We will not disclose your information to anyone unless:
- you have given your consent for us to do so.
- you would reasonably expect us to disclose the information whilst providing one of our services to you.
- a permitted general situation exists, such as where the disclosure of information may lessen or prevent a threat to a person’s health, help locate a missing person or the disclosure is necessary to take action against unlawful activity.
- we are required to under Australian law or by court/tribunal order.
- we are required by, or on behalf of, an enforcement body.
Depending on the particular circumstances, we may disclose your information to:
- personal next of kin contacts.
- business referees, such as employers and business partners.
- debt collection agencies.
- other credit providers and financial institutions.
- Credit reporting bodies.
- our financiers, insurers and auditors.
- our contractors, agents or service providers we use to offer our services, including payment system providers.
- any person who is acting on your behalf, such as authorised third parties, powers of attorney, guardians, financial councillors or advisors, solicitors and administrators.
- government regulators such as ASIC.
- Australian Taxation Office, Centrelink and other government departments.
- Australian law enforcement bodies and courts/tribunals.
- any other entity, such as credit providers or lead service providers, who we may sell your personal information to for a fee, for the purposes of offering you their products or services or on-selling your information for the same purposes as it was sold to them.
- any other persons or entities who you have consented to.
- any other persons or entities made reference to in this policy.
We will not disclose your information to entities that do not have an Australian link.
Exchange of Information with Credit Reporting Bodies
Equifax Advantage Information Services and Solutions Limited
Illion (formerly Dunn & Bradstreet)
Electronic Identity Verification
We may also disclose some of your personal information to a credit reporting body for the purpose of verifying your identity, where you have given your consent to do so. The information we will disclose for this purpose includes details such as your name, date of birth, address and drivers license details, which the credit reporting body will attempt to match against information held by them. Upon our request, the credit reporting body may also prepare an assessment about whether the disclosed information, as outlined above, match’s personal information held by them. If this check does not produce a match, you will have the opportunity to provide further documentation to verify your identity. The details of the credit reporting body that we conduct these checks with are as follows:
Veda Advantage Information Services and Solutions Limited
Phone 1300 850 211
Email : Membership.firstname.lastname@example.org
Making a Privacy Complaint
If you believe there has been a breach of the Australian Privacy principles or any relevant privacy codes, we would encourage you to contact us on our general contact details listed in this documents ‘Contact Us’ section. Most complaints are common misunderstandings, and a simple conversation will usually resolve the issue.
If we are unable to resolve your complaint with our internal processes, you may refer it to our external dispute resolution scheme or to the office of the Australian information Commissioner. You can contact these bodies at:
If you would like more detail on dispute resolution processes, please see our Dispute Resolution Statement
We will endeavour to respond to any queries or requests as soon as practically possible.