Jacaranda Finance Pty Ltd ABN 53 162 078 195 Australian Credit License 456404 is committed to protecting and maintaining the privacy, accuracy and security of your personal information. We are bound by the Privacy Act 1988, the Australian Privacy Principles, the Credit Reporting Privacy Code as well as other applicable laws and codes.
Any personal information we collect about you will only ever be used for the purposes we have collected it for or as allowed under the law. Jacaranda Finance will act in a manner to protect your personal information as well as abiding by the Australian Privacy Principles for the protection of personal information as set out in the Privacy Act and any applicable industry privacy code.
Collection of personal information
Any information you provide Jacaranda Finance by any means, is only collected for reasons that are reasonably necessary or related to business functions or activities conducted by Jacaranda Finance. The purposes we collect this information include:
- Accept and process your application for a loan in accordance with the requirements by law;
- Assess your personal and/or commercial creditworthiness;
- To gather and aggregate information for statistical, prudential, actuarial and research purposes;
- Make a determination about the risk of you defaulting on your obligations to us;
- To develop and implement measures to detect or prevent fraud and credit loss;
- Undertake, where appropriate, risk assessment and management involving securitisation, credit scoring, portfolio analysis, reporting and fraud prevention and claim recovery;
- If your application is successful, provide you with a loan and determine on what terms we will do so;
- Manage your account with us;
- Assist in the resolution of any dispute you have with us;
- Provide you with information about other products or services we currently offer, or may offer in the future or are offered by our commercial partners, and
- Satisfy an obligation we may have under the law to collect personal information or make assessments.
The kinds of personal information we may collect about you include:
- Your name, address, occupation, age, gender, your e-mail addresses, bank account details, income details, and other financial information.
- Information about your transactions with us or others, such as payment history and loan balances, and information you provide when you contact our customer service department.
- Information we receive from third parties, such as credit reporting bodies and other lenders.
- Information we receive from other third parties, such as lead providers and others.
How we collect credit information
We collect credit information in the same ways we collect personal information:
- We collect credit information about you from you directly such as in an application form for credit;
- We collect credit information about you from Credit Reporting Bodies;
- We may collect credit information about you from other credit providers.
Use and disclosure of information
We may disclose your personal information to:
- Third Party Service Providers: We contract with service providers to perform certain functions on our behalf. Examples include database providers who assist in identity verification, credit scoring and credit reporting bodies, debt collectors, and lead providers;
- Other credit providers;
- Personal and/or business referees nominated by you, including your employer (in relation to your employment status);
- To anyone who represents you or where you have provided us consent;
- Where we are required to do so by law such as under the Anti-Money or Laundering and Courter Terrorism Financing Act 2006 (Cth) or the National Consumer Credit Protection Act 2009 (Cth);
- ASIC and OAIC approved external dispute resolution service;
- To investors, agents or advisers, or any entity that has an interest in our business activities;
- Our professional advisers, contractors and other service providers;
- Entities who may purchase (or who may be interested in purchasing) any interest in the obligations you may owe us under the credit contract, and
- Entities (either credit licensees (credit providers or credit assistance providers) or lead providers) to whom we may sell your personal information for a fee. The credit licensees or lead providers may either provide a service to you themselves or on-sell your personal information to others on the same basis as your personal information is sold to them;
- To companies that provide information and infrastructure systems to us;
- Auditors we appoint to ensure the integrity of our operations;
- If required or authorized to do so, regulatory bodies, government agencies or Courts or anyone authorized by any one of them to receive such information.
Some of your information may be stored overseas through the use of ‘cloud storage’. The cloud storage and the IT servers may be located in or outside of Australia, but any person overseas will not access the information.
Credit Information and Identity Verification
Jacaranda Finance may also disclose certain credit related personal information to credit reporting bodies. The information which is disclosed depends on the level at which we participate in the credit reporting system. The credit reporting bodies are also bound by the Privacy Act and are restricted in the uses to which that information may be used. We exchange this credit information for the purposes of assessing your application for finance and managing that finance.
When we obtain credit information from a credit reporting agency about you, we may also seek publicly available information and information about any serious credit infringement that you may have committed. We collect the following kinds of credit information and exchange this information with credit reporting agencies and other entities:
- Repayment history information which is information about whether you meet your repayments on time;
- Whether we provide you with a loan;
- The type of loan provided;
- The amount of the loan provided;
- The date the loan was supplied;
- The date the loan terminated;
- Default and payment information;
- Court proceedings information;
- If you commit a serious credit infringement (fraudulent activity or deliberately evading your obligations under the loan terms).
Identification information you provide us when you fill out an application will be used to conduct an e-verification (an online identity verification). At the time of your application we will specifically seek your consent for these verifications and checks to be conducted. Should you not agree to have your identity verified by these means, please contact us so as we can discuss different options with you.
You can contact any of the following credit reporting agencies that we utilize for more information:
Veda Advantage Information
Services and Solutions Limited
|Dun and Bradstreet (Australia) Pty Ltd||
Credit Services Pty Ltd
|Phone: 1300 850 211||Phone: 1300 734 806||Phone: 1300 784 134|
|Mail: PO Box 964, North Sydney NSW 2059||Email: email@example.com||Mail: PO Box 1969, North Sydney NSW 2060|
|Web: www.mycreditfile.com.au||Web: www.checkyourcredit.com.au||Web: www.experian.com.au/credit-services/credit-services.html|
Protecting your personal information
We are committed to taking reasonable steps to protect your personal information by securing it in a secure environment. We protect your personal information from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification and disclosure. The steps that we take to protect your personal information include:
- Ensuring database security through password protection and secure servers and data storage devices;
- Encryption of certain records;
- High level of staff training on confidentiality; and
- Maintaining accreditation to International Standard – ISO27001 Information Security Management.
Jacaranda Finance frequently reviews developments in security and encryption technologies, as no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed as completely secure. We cannot guarantee security of any information you transmit to us and you engage with us at your own risk.
Telephone and Email
In some instances we may monitor and record telephone calls for training consistency and security purposes.
We will retain the content of an email that you send us if we are legally obligated to do so. Your email address will only be used to send you information that you have requested and as necessary to complete a transaction or application with Jacaranda Finance. We allow you to elect to receive, or not to receive certain information. To unsubscribe to all future emails from us, please contact us.
How you may access your credit information held by us
We will provide you with access to the personal and credit information we hold about you. You may request access to any of the personal information we hold about you at any time. We may charge a fee for our costs of retrieving and supplying the information to you.
Depending on the type of request that you make we may respond to your request immediately, otherwise we usually respond to you within 14 days of receiving your request. We may need to contact other entities to properly investigate your request. Should we require longer, we will write to you advising you a reason and seeking additional time.
There may be situations where we are not required to provide you with access to your personal or credit information, for example, if the information relates to existing or anticipated legal proceedings. An explanation will be provided to you, if we deny you access to the personal or credit information we hold about you.
If possible, we will provide you with the personal information in the form you request. However, in some circumstances it may be necessary for you to access that information in a method determined by us, but we will always make it as easy as possible for you to access that information.
There may be occasions where we cannot provide you with that information. In such a case we will write to you and give you our reasons.
How you may seek correction of the credit information we hold about you
You may apply to correct the credit information we hold about you. We will deal with your request according to Australian Privacy Law and provide you our response and/or reasons within 7 business days of our making our decision and, in any case, no later than 30 days after receiving your request. If we have supplied credit information, which we have agreed to correct to a Credit Reporting Body, we will notify that body within 7 business days of making that decision.
How you may complain about how we deal with your credit information
If you are not satisfied with how we have dealt with your credit information, please contact our Privacy Officer.
Again, if you are not satisfied with our Internal Dispute Resolution Process in relation to credit information, you may refer your complaint to our External Dispute Resolution scheme or to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
Do you have any questions, comments, suggestions or complaints? Contact us and we will be sure to contact you as soon as possible.